Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Greaser Memes 2

“Surprise b*tch, I bet you thought you’d seen the last of me”. Welcome back to our second and final installment of greaser memes. In this section of Rockabeau, I’ll tickle your funny bone as I connect these social media phenomena (memes) to depictions of greasers in film.

I have a short selection, but comment below if you understood the meme prior to reading my explanation of the reference.

Fake History: This image macro series features photo or screenshots of mundane or media related figures with captions used to resemble actual events in history. In this screencap, we have a still of a character from Cry-Baby.


O RLY?: This phrase is used at internet slang that is short for the term “oh, really” that is announced in a sarcastic way.


What if I Told You: An image macro series that refers to the line of dialogue from “The Matrix”. Morpheus utters the line “what if I told you…” and leaves the user to emulate a revelation or an innovative idea to the receiver. In this use, we have a screencap of James Dean, with his iconic line “you’re tearing me apart” used in Rebel Without a Cause.


(By the way, can anyone guess where the opening line comes from?)

And away we go, Rockabeau ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment