Friday, February 24, 2017

Greaser Style: Now

So, how can we evolve the limited selection that is Greaser fashion?

Now in modern day, the lines of fashion are more blurred and expansive for any style. We can have blends of greaser and rockabilly. We can put a little dash of punk or grunge into Greaser fashion. Modern day fashion takes inspiration from past trends, and popular figures. Nostalgia has become a common troupe in pop culture, hence this blog. For instance, Elvis and Jimmy Dean has been an inspiration for my style of dress. 

I would like to show you my take on greaser fashion is updated with more current trends. Instead of a black leather jacket, I have a brownish, dark chocolate colored jacket. I would pair it with slim fit bright jeans with some unique design elements, a plain white t-shirt, and black leather sneaker/boot hybrid.

Jacket: Express
Boots: Call it Spring
Jeans: H&M
Shirt: Fruit of the Loom

Since Elvis Presley was a huge inspiration for greasers, you can try and emulate his jailhouse rock look, like I did. I paired a jean jacket, with normal jeans and a black and white bar t-shirt. The ensemble is topped off with black leather derby shoes.

Jacket: unknown
Jeans: Levi’s
Shirt: H&M
Shoes: H&M

I personally like to incorporate a little Rockabilly into my style of dress. I did so with a red, white, and blue flannel, a simple, white t-shirt, cuffed blue jeans and purple converse. I added grey socks and a red bandana to both fit the style and give it more edge.

Shirt: Volcom
Jeans: Levi’s
Shoes: Converse

Since, I’m not afraid to pair denim on denim, I bought a denim button down, which I tucked into my jeans. You can cut the fabric channel with a black belt. I added a gold and navy bandana tied to my wrist. I added black leather Chelsea style boots to give it a slickness to it.

Shirt: H&M
Jeans: Levi’s
Boots: H&M

Lastly, I noticed a stellar denim and leather hybrid jacket on Amazon. I figure it would go great with a blue and white strip shirt, black spandex/cotton blend pants and white vans.

Jacket: Zicac
Shirt: On the Byas
Pants: On the Byas
Shoes: Vans


Send in your ideas and combinations about what you would put into the mix of greaser fashion!
Away we go, Rockabeau ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment